Friday, June 1, 2012

Jewelry organizer DIY

What do you do with your jewelry? The things you wear daily? I never really thought about it because I used to not wear a ton of jewelry. But I've been collecting more and more necklaces so I needed somewhere to put them! I have come across a few DIY jewelry organization tips on Pinterest and other blogs so I decided to give it a try for myself.

I just used a 16x20 canvas, some thick foam core, 1/2 a yard of burlap fabric from Hobby Lobby and big push pins.


I didn't even end up using the adhesive because I was worried it would be tacky through the fabric since the fabric has a pretty large weave. 

So I just cut the foam so it would fit inside the back of the frame and taped it in place

Then I just took my light duty staple gun and stapled the fabric around the edges, pulling taut as I went and being careful to make the corners smooth

until I got all the way around! Then I just turned it over and started pinning away! One of the reasons I chose to get the thicker foam board is so that my push pins wouldn't stick through the back. I just was worried about sticking the wall or even my hands if I ever move it! 
You can find the thicker foam board at Hobby Lobby and probably Michael's

TA DA!! 

While I have more jewelry I could display these are the earrings, necklaces and bracelets I wear the most so its nice to have them close at hand! If you wanted to hold even more just use a bigger canvas!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment