Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving

So clearly a little late as well but I felt like it was important to mention Thanksgiving because it was Jackson's first flight and he and I did it alone!! I was so nervous, not so much about the flight but the whole getting through security/ airport with a baby and keeping him entertained. But he really did great.
We had a bit of a rough take off because it was pouring when we left and he looked pretty terrified. He just let me cradle him and sing (quietly) to him the whole take off (while eating a bottle to keep his ears open). After we got up in the air he really did great! he was super happy and talking to the guy sitting next to us. He was a little antsy towards the end but I think it went well!

Thank goodness as flight #2 is coming up too and it's a bit longer. I really wanted to go on this flight as a test flight so I would know what to expect. We celebrated in Dallas with my family and it was so fun. Flew by so fast between cooking and nap times and other family events.


Our first flight together

Waiting on our slightly delayed plane

Checking out the wine list at dinner. . .

And testing his choice. ..well the glass at least (sweet baby Jackson consumed no alcohol in the tasting of this picture)

P cutting my turkey! It's the first time I've ever made the Thanksgiving turkey and I think it turned out pretty well! 



cousins sharing toys :) 


 While we were in Dallas we celebrated Christmas with my family too since we won't see them until after Christmas and I didn't think we would have time to get back up in such a short Christmas season!

Jackson's 1st experience with Santa went well- no big smiles but no crying either! 

checking out all the trees lit up

My nephew enjoying his gift from me and Uncle P

Jackson working on some of his presents 



No comments:

Post a Comment