Friday, February 11, 2011

Easy Friday project- picture frame white board

So here is a fun and easy project for you that will seriously take MAYBE 10 minutes and it's SO cute and useful, I just love it! I don't know if you are a list person but I am a list fanatic! Ask P over here- I think I drive him crazy with my lists- grocery list, house project lists, trips I want to take list, rooms I want to paint lists, honey do lists, they go on and on.

ANYWAYS back to the point! I ran across this idea in a magazine- I believe it was Better Homes and Gardens but I'm not sure. You need three things
1. picture frame- probably at least 8 x 10 so you have enough room to write your list (They are always on sale at Michael's and Hobby Lobby)
2. scrapbook paper or fabric
3. scissors

All you have to do is cut your paper or fabric to fit inside the frame, pop the frame back together and VOILA!


 Seriously - it is THAT simple. You use the glass of the frame as a whiteboard and its so much cuter than a regular whiteboard that just wouldn't add anything to your decor. I used a vintage looking blue scrapbook paper for now. I love the color and think its wintry- but the best part is that you can change it whenever you want! I always have leftover fabric scraps or papers from different projects. I want to change them out for the holidays too! You can get scrapbook paper from Michael's for 99cents a piece so its a pretty cheap update throughout the year.
I think this would be great in an office or even a kid's room for chores and homework. Ours is in the kitchen and it has everything from to do lists to grocery lists sometimes even our meals for the week so P can pick what night we're having which meals! The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment