Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Well hello there- its been a while old friend!

Oh my! Where to start- it's a little overwhelming to leave your blog for so long. I have so much to talk about and I don't know where to start! It has been a busy busy month for me. My sister is getting married in LESS THAN A MONTH!!! I can't believe it. I am so incredibly excited and needless to say, I had lots of fun things to plan for her in the past couple of weeks.
Anyways- we haven't done anything major to the house in the past month- don't worry you haven't missed out on much BUT I feel like I've been making lots of decisions on things that I DO want- just haven't happened yet!

First though I should tell you this: Do you remember when i was looking for a lamp to go on the chest by the back door/ mudroom (read about it here)? Well patience IS a virtue folks! I found a lamp at Target almost identical to the last Pottery Barn one but for much less $$$. Check it out:

Inspiration picture, courtesy of PB:
stacked crystal bedside table lamp $150!

AND, the lamp I found, and clearly snagged IMEDIATELY at Target:
I don't know the name but this awesomeness cost me a whopping $16!

While its not EXACTLY the same, its exactly what I was looking for and a better price than I ever imagined! And I really like the texture on the lamp shade- it's really really pretty lit up in that room. I'm IN LOVE and so glad I was always keeping my eyes open and looking!
This was a random Target trip for a frame to add to my gallery wall (which I'll tell you more about later) that wound up with me spending more than expected BUT coming back with a HUGE bevy of treasures!

I also picked up these two pillows for $9 a piece on clearance:

Don't they look cute in my vintage green chairs?!? I love them. And they were a great find because I was planning on ordering some of this fabric from fabric.com:

Waverly Cross Section in charcoal

and although the fabric is pretty cheap ($8.98/ yard) having the two pillows made DEFINITELY would have cost me more than $18! I am in love with it though so I may try to find another use for it! 

And I DO realize that these patterns really are nothing alike, but it's the tones and the graphic print that makes me love them- and it helps anchor the room a little bit more- the furniture is all light colored and a hand me downs so I wanted to liven them up and I think the pillows are just the trick!

I also did get two frames to add to my gallery wall, a great little flat weave rug in a fun navy/ white pattern to go in front of the washer and dryer and a basket to hold my aprons in the pantry! WOO HOO for the Targ!



No comments:

Post a Comment