Friday, July 22, 2011

Herbed Balsamic Chicken

I found this recipe through an old friend and it does NOT disappoint! Its so good I promise you'll love it! If you aren't big on blue cheese we've also used goat cheese (crumbled or sliced) and it is just as delicious.

Herbed Balsamic Chicken with Blue Cheese
  • 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (5 to 6 ounces each)
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
  • 1 3-to 4-ounce wedge blue cheese, cut into 6 slices
Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag. Mix vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence in small bowl. Add to chicken; seal bag. Chill 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack generously with oil. Arrange chicken on grill. Sprinkle with 2 tsp herbes de Provence, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to plates; top each with slice of cheese.

I also like to boil down the leftover marinade on the stove top until reduced to a sauce and drizzle over the cheese making it even more wonderful!


picture and recipe from  Epicurious

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I don't remember how I found your blog, but I live in Houston too and have enjoyed reading about your house updates.

    I just wanted to tell you that I made this chicken last night and OMG, it was maybe the best chicken of my life... and it could NOT have been easier! I have 7-month-old twins and am trying to get into the habit of cooking, so I was thrilled at how quick and easy this was, and absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa thanks so much for your sweet comment! I'm so glad you stumbled on my little blog. So crazy to connect with other Houstonians through blogs. I'm so glad you liked this chicken as much as me, it quickly became a staple in our house!

    ReplyDelete