Monday, October 3, 2011

Master paint color

Well, as I alluded to in my previous post, we have FINALLY painted the master bedroom. It’s something I’ve wanted to do since we moved in. And it’s something I’ve planned on doing since about February. No real reason for the wait other than trying to make a decision. Blues can be so tricky. The current blue sometimes doesn’t look so bad online but it was very “baby boy blue” in real life, you know? So I was hesitant to slap up the first color I found. I realize it’s just paint but sometimes, having to paint over a freshly painted wall is not all that fun so I wanted to get the color JUST right, you know?

I decided on the color, probably around the end of march after staring at my paint swatches for months

SW6232 Misty

SW Misty (the top right one in the above pic)

Only to decide the room was too big and there was just too much furniture to move and I wanted to hire someone to do it. It took some time to find the right person who didn’t want to charge an arm and a leg, but we did and it’s done and I’m so pleased. . . .


Its kind of hard to see the difference up close

but when you look at an old pic it is noticeable for sure!

Oh and now I want to paint the master bathroom too!
Something darker grey/ blue to contrast more with the white wainscoting! Sorry P J

No comments:

Post a Comment