Wednesday, March 9, 2011

breakfast room drapes

We are getting breakfast room drapes folks!!! Get excited. I've been looking for a while and after searching for just the right thing-I realized I was going to have to order the fabric and have drapes made. So I took the plunge- I ordered my fabric (through http://www.fabric.com/) and it should be on it's way shortly! YAY!

If you haven't already noticed, our whole house is pretty much blues, tans and browns of some shade with some other accent colors thrown in different rooms. I was looking for a lighter blue/ aqua color for these drapes since this whole area is painted a light sandy color. This is what I decided on:
 Premier Prints fabric- Osborn print in robin

I WAS planning on having these made seeing as i don't know how to sew ( I KNOW- really want to learn though, maybe sometime this year) but then I saw this great tutorial on Young House Love about making your own curtain panels with self adhesive hem tape! So I have already picked up my Heat 'n Bond ultra hold tape from Hobby Lobby and the fabric has come in:

Isn't the color pretty??

And look how nicely it goes with the fabric I picked out to be the seat cushion for my breakfast room table bench:

 I am hoping to start working on the curtains this weekend! I will let you know how it goes and if I am capable enough to iron on my hem tape STRAIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment