Friday, March 30, 2012

Rodeo Houston

With the Rodeo coming to a close, I wanted to share with the rest of the world what a big deal the Houston Rodeo is. I actually wanted to share these pictures a long time ago but I had we had a lot going on at the house and I was just blogging about all of that.

To open the rodeo there is a trail ride, a real trail ride and people come from as far away as El Paso I think on horseback all the way into Houston. On the last day, Go Texan Day, the trail ride comes all the way through the city into downtown to open all the events! People across the city get dressed in their best Texan attire (at work or school) to celebrate.  Then for about 3 weeks there is Rodeo competition and awesome music performances every night of the week! It's pretty neat and something I had never experienced at all before moving to Houston

I took some pics of the trail ride on Go Texan day and wanted to share! For the Houstonians out there, this was on the West Loop at Westheimer!





There's just something about conestoga wagons and men on horseback riding through the city



1 comment: